Senior Project Engineer
- Region: Greater Manchester
- Job Type: Rail Engineering
- Salary: Please enquire
To manage large sections of the Civils project with regard to all minor civils works and involve fencing, walkways, retaining structures, signage, anti-climb guards, RRAP's, compounds etc.
As well as demonstrating competence in subordinates key objectives:
• Determine the resource requirements for the completion of the works. Assign roles, tasks and responsibilities necessary for completion of the works.
• Identify and obtain relevant information in order to plan the works. Ensure necessary information is provided to all parties (Client, Staff, Designers, Operatives, Subcontractors, Suppliers, etc) to ensure efficient design, construction, maintenance and costing.
• Monitor productivity and manage / supervise staff, operatives, and subcontractors and associated plant.
• Monitor activities to ensure finished work is in accordance with design, drawings, specifications and Employer's Requirements.
• Determine the programme of works and ensure the compilation of short term and long term resourced programmes and monitor progress against short, long term programmes and master programme
• Monitor and ensure that records are kept of additional work and/or delays and ensure the necessary Change Orders/Variation Orders/Compensation Events are agreed and implemented.
• Determine the methods of working and manage the production of Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Operations Plans and Inspection & Test Plans. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with these items.
• Rail Engineering Background