Part Time (Temp 2 Perm) Car Park Attendant
- Region: Nottingham
- Job Type: Building Services and Facilities
- Salary: £14,400 / Annum
The work will be paid at an hourly rate of £7.50 p.h PAYE.
The working hours are 16 hours per week (working 8 hours per day on Thursday's and Fridays)
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Attends designated parking areas at a pay-for-parking and staff allocated areas during established lot hours.
• Issues Enforcement Notices and warnings where appropriate and in line with service polices and standards.
• Directs drivers of vehicles to appropriate parking areas if and when required and provides information to visitors, students, staff and Patients.
• Monitors and/or patrols site to check for required permits and to ensure cars are parked in designated spaces and not blocking traffic flow.
• Quick Response to notifications of parking infringements as directed by management.
• Engage with the Public and staff in a calm, professional and approachable manner at all times.
• Be helpful and courteous to all
• Regulates parking and traffic in assigned lot restricting unauthorised vehicles and providing entry to authorised vehicles.
• Collects parking Machine money tins as directed
• Enters transactions on cash register or other approved means and balances cash according to an established procedure. As and when required
• Carries out pre use checks on Service vehicle and records/reports faults and deficiencies
• Completes reports or forms required by department.
• Provides directions, parking alternatives and campus information upon request to visitors, students, staff and patients
• Checks assigned Car parking areas for suspicious activity and reports such to Trust Security
• Checks permits to verify authorisation and assist in identification of stolen permits.
• Working in all weather conditions (Outdoor working environment)
• Carry out tasks as directed by Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of general parking practices and procedures.
• Skill in basic maths
• Fluency in spoken English
• Fluency in Written English
• Right to work in the UK
• Able to write reports in English to a good literal standard
• IT Skills – Microsoft word / Mac
• Skill in courteous communication with public.
• Skill in accurate exchange of coins and currency. Training will be given
• Requires long periods of time on foot/walking
• Skill in following verbal and written instructions.
• Punctual – Excellent Time keeping
• Provides references
• Smoking is prohibited on official duty and in the presence of the general public whilst in Uniform.
- Any previous experience In a similar role will be advantageous.
-Position subject to DBS and right to work in UK.
Any candidates interested in this role must send their CVs through to: email@example.com